New Horizons for Seniors Programs
The New Horizons for Seniors Programs has been launched.
Deadline for applications in Quebec: September 6, 2013
Link to NHSP WEBSITE : http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/seniors/funding/index.shtml
Funding: Community-Based Projects for Seniors
Community-based projects under the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) that enable seniors to share their knowledge, skills and experiences with others and help communities increase their capacity to address local issues are eligible to receive up to $25,000 per year, per organization.
Projects must address one or more of the program's five objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Please note that maximum amount for Grant is $25,000 per projet and any project application for more than that amount will be automatically rejected.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to have more information regarding NHSP.